An example of iconic is The Eiffel Tower as a symbol of Paris.
An example of iconic is the Eiffel Tower being a symbol of Paris.
- of, or having the nature of, an icon
- done in a fixed or conventional style: said of certain statues and busts
Origin of iconicLate Latin iconicus ; from Classical Greek eikonikos ; from eik?n, an image: see icon
- Of, relating to, or having the character of an icon.
- Symbolic, emblematic, or representative: a classroom scene that is iconic of what is wrong with the education system.
- Having a conventional formulaic style. Used of certain memorial statues and busts.
(comparative more iconic, superlative most iconic)
icon + -ic
iconic - Computer Definition
(1) Based on small graphic elements. See icon.
(2) Symbolic of the present culture, especially dealing with the ideals, people and products considered noteworthy. For example, Steve Jobs was often called an "iconic CEO," and his iPhone the "iconic smartphone."