hypertensive definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Of or characterized by hypertension.
- Causing an increase in blood pressure: a hypertensive medication.
- A person with or susceptible to hypertension.
- A drug capable of causing an increase in blood pressure.
hypertensive - Medical Definition
- Of or characterized by abnormally increased blood pressure.
- Causing an increase in blood pressure.
A person having or susceptible to high blood pressure.
Variant of hypertension
- any abnormally high tension
- abnormally high blood pressure, or a disease of which this is the chief sign
- hypertensive adjective, noun