- The definition of hyperactive is having extreme levels of activity.
An example of someone hyperactive is a person who can bounce around all day and never tire out.
hyperactive definition by Webster's New World
extremely, esp. abnormally, active
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- hyperactivity noun
hyperactive definition by American Heritage Dictionary
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- Highly or excessively active: a hyperactive thyroid gland.
- a. Having behavior characterized by overactivity.b. Having attention deficit disorder. Not in scientific use.
- hyˌper·acˈtive·ly adverb
- hyˌper·ac·tivˈi·ty noun
hyperactive - Medical Definition
- Highly or excessively active, as a gland.
- Having behavior characterized by constant overactivity.
- Afflicted with attention deficit disorder.