The definition of hyperactive is having extreme levels of activity.
An example of someone hyperactive is a person who can bounce around all day and never tire out.
- extremely, esp. abnormally, active
- designating or having a condition characterized by excessive activity and excitability, esp. in children: cf. attention deficit (hyperactivity) disorder
- Highly or excessively active: a hyperactive thyroid gland.
- Characterized by or displaying excessive motor activity, restlessness, and often talkativeness: hyperactive behavior; hyperactive children.
(comparative more hyperactive, superlative most hyperactive)
- having an increased state of activity
- having attention deficit disorder (no longer used by the scientific community)
hyper- + active