- Archaic used to express surprise, pleasure, derision, etc.
- used to attract attention: sometimes used after a word indicating a destination or direction: land ho! westward ho!
Origin of hoME, echoic
var. of whoa
Origin of hoMiddle English from Old French
Slang whore: an offensive term of contempt
Origin of hodialect, dialectal pronunciation of whore
Used to express surprise or joy, to attract attention to something sighted, or to urge onward: Land ho! Westward ho!
nounpl. hos Slang
Origin of hoAfrican American Vernacular Englishalteration of whore
- Heckscher-Ohlin theorem, in economics
- Head Office.
- HO scale, a model size used with respect to model railroads and slot cars.
- Holy Order.
- A subdivision of currency, equal to one tenth of a Vietnamese dong.