- an event in which contestants take turns jumping for height over a horizontal bar set between two upright supports: the bar is gradually raised during the contest until a winner is determined
- a jump in such an event
- A jump for height made over a horizontal bar in a track-and-field contest.
- A contest in which high jumps are made.
- high jumper
Antonietta di Martino of Italy at the 2008 Olympic Games
- (uncountable) An athletics event where a competitor must jump over a bar placed gradually higher and higher.
- Alternative spelling of high jump.