Marin headlands at sunset.
- An example of a headland is a cliff over a sea.
- An example of a headland is the land surrounding a farm.
- the unbroken soil at the edge of a plowed field, esp. at the ends of the furrows
- a cape or point of land reaching out into the water; esp., a promontory
Origin of headlandMiddle English hedelonde ; from Old English heafod lond
- A point of land, usually high and with a sheer drop, extending out into a body of water; a promontory.
- The unplowed land at the end of a plowed furrow.