A headless statue.
headless definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- without a head; specif.,
- organically without a head; acephalous
- without a leader or director
- stupid; brainless
Origin: Middle English hevedles ; from Old English heafodleas
headless definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- a. Formed without a head.b. Decapitated.
- Lacking a leader or director.
- Lacking intelligence and prudence; stupid or foolish.
- headˈless·ness noun