- physical education
The definition of a gym, short for gymnasium, is a room or building where people go to play sports or exercise.
An example of a gym is where the contestants on The Biggest Loser go to lift weights.
- A gymnasium.
- A building or part of a building with facilities for exercise, bodybuilding, or other kinds of physical training.
- A course in physical education.
- A metal frame supporting equipment used in outdoor play.
(third-person singular simple present gyms, present participle gyming, simple past and past participle gymed)
- (intransitive) To go the gym.
- On Wednesdays I hike; on Fridays I gym.
- Dusty rose to pull on his gym clothes.
- I need an hour in the gym then we'll go over the logistics issues you're inheriting.
- Dusty strode into the gym and peeled off his shirt.
- In the end, she typed a smiley face and locked her phone before changing into gym clothes and making her way to the gym.
- Gabe watched as she crossed the gym to give her mate a kiss on the cheek.