Guaranteeing is defined as to promise to do something or that something will happen.verb
An example of guaranteeing is swearing you'll be someone's sober driver.YourDictionary definition and usage example. Copyright © 2013 by LoveToKnow Corp.
Variant of guarantee
- guaranty ( & )
- a pledge or assurance; specif.,
- a pledge that something is as represented and will be replaced if it does not meet specifications
- a positive assurance that something will be done in the manner specified
- a guarantor
- a person who receives a guaranty
- a sign or portent: the clouds were a guarantee of rain
Origin: altered < guaranty, after words ending in -ee
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.