- plated with gold
- Informal expensive, splendid, etc., often to an extravagant degree
(comparative more goldplated, superlative most goldplated)
- Alternative spelling of gold-plated.
- Having a thin layer of gold applied to the surface, often by an electrolytic method.
- (of projects, systems, etc) incorporating costly or otherwise excessive features or refinements unnecessarily; to be over-engineered
- (of laws, regulations, etc) to be embellished to excess, especially so as to be stifling, or rigid and inflexible,
The sense relating to laws and regulations is particularly used in relation to European Union directives
- Simple past tense and past participle of gold-plate.
Variant of gold plate
- tableware made of or plated with gold
- a plating of or with gold: a pen with accents in gold plate