- Muslim Folklore an evil spirit that robs graves and feeds on the flesh of the dead
- a person who robs graves
- a person who derives pleasure from loathsome acts or things
Origin of ghoulArabic gh?l, demon of the desert from gh?la, to seize
- An evil spirit or demon in Muslim folklore believed to plunder graves and feed on corpses.
- In popular folklore, an undead or subhuman being, especially one that eats human flesh.
- A grave robber.
- One who delights in the revolting, morbid, or loathsome.
Origin of ghoulArabic ġūl from ġāla to seize, snatch ġwl