- The quality of being genial
- Sometimes this throat uttered Yes, sometimes it uttered No; sometimes it made inquiries about a time worn denizen of the place. Once it surprised her notions by remarking upon the friendliness and geniality written in the faces of the hills around. "” Thomas Hardy, Return of the Native, Chapter 3.
Variant of genial
- Obsolete of marriage or procreation
- promoting life and growth; pleasantly warm, mild, and healthful: a genial climate
- cheerful, friendly, and sympathetic; amiable
- Rare of or characterized by genius
Origin of genialClassical Latin genialis, of generation or birth ; from genius, guardian deity: see genius