- bills, vouchers, etc. resembling or used as a substitute for legal currency
- money that is illegal or that is tainted by illegal activity; specif., counterfeit money
- currency, securities, etc. regarded as being of uncertain or decreasing value, as because of inflationary fiscal policy, highly leveraged financing, etc.
See funny money in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Counterfeit currency.
- Money from an obscure or questionable source.
- Currency that has been artificially inflated or deflated for social or political reasons.
Learn more about funny money