- the side strip of a finger in a glove
- Anat. a small fold of skin at the posterior end of the vulva
Origin of fourchetteFr, diminutive of fourche: see fork
- A narrow, forked strip of material joining the front and back sections of the fingers of gloves.
- Anatomy A small band or fold of mucous membrane forming the posterior margin of the vulva and connecting the posterior ends of the labia majora.
- Zoology See furcula.
Origin of fourchetteFrench, from Old French forchete, fork, diminutive of forche, pitchfork, from Latin furca.
- (anatomy) A fork-shaped structure, specifically the fold of skin where the labia minora meet above the perineum (the frenulum labiorum pudendi).
- A fork-shaped instrument or device, specifically the forked structure between two fingers of a glove.
- (surgery) An instrument used to raise and support the tongue during the cutting of the frenulum.
- The wishbone or furculum of birds
- The frog of the hoof of the horse and allied animals.
From French fourchette.