affiliated with or sponsored by a church or other religious organization
Being or associated with a religion or religious group: Many faith-based organizations provided shelter after the hurricane.
(comparative more faithbased, superlative most faithbased)
- Alternative spelling of faith-based.
(comparative more faith-based, superlative most faith-based)
- (theology, religious studies) based on religious faith
- ... a self-confidence which stems from faith in the Buddha and His power. By this faith-based confidence they cure themselves." (1982)
- (chiefly US, euphemistic) of civic associations connected with religious groups, specifically of such organizations sponsored by government funds
- You are requesting a $2,100,000 increase for a "Faith Based and Community Initiatives," for a total of $37,432,000 [...]. What distinguishes these projects from faith-based initiatives of the Employment and Training Administration? (1988)