- a substance or ingredient added to another to give more bulk or body or to adulterate or dilute it
- a part added or attached, for lengthening
A substance added to another substance to modify, dilute, or add to it: meatloaf that contained oatmeal as an extender.
- Any of various substances designed to extend any of several properties of a material.
- Any of various components designed to extend the length of a device.
- Any substance added to meat to bulk it out, with a higher protein content than a filler.
- Soy protein is used as a meat extender.
- (climbing) A runner, or quick-draw. (from sense #2)
- (linguistics) A phrase that extends an expression to include further members of a set, e.g. "and stuff", "or something".
- re-extend, reextend, reëxtend