- the part of a shirt extending below the waist, often, specif., either of the long parts at the front or back that extend below the hips
- Slang information added, often by a different writer, at the end of a newspaper article
Informal being only distantly related: a shirttail cousin
- The part of a shirt that extends below the waist, especially in the back.
- A brief addition at the end of a newspaper article.
- Very young: shirttail kids.
- Of little value; inadequate or small: a shirttail cabin in the woods.