Of or relating to a situation requiring formal clothes or a costume: a dress-up event.
The activity of trying on fanciful outfits.
(third-person singular simple present dresses up, present participle dressing up, simple past and past participle dressed up)
- (intransitive) To wear fancy dress.
- Everyone dressed up for the graduation ball.
- I want a job where I don't have to dress up.
- (intransitive) To wear a costume.
- We're having a party on Saturday, but you must dress up as a famous historical figure.
- To decorate; to prettify.
- To present in a favorable light.