- The definition of a disbursement is a payout or distribution of something.
An example of a disbursement is when money you borrowed in a loan is paid out to you.
- the act of disbursing
- money disbursed; expenditure
- The act or process of disbursing.
- Money paid out; expenditure.
- The act, instance, or process of disbursing.
- Money paid out or spent.
disbursement - Investment & Finance Definition
A payment that fulfills a contractual or business arrangement. For example, an investor closing out a 401(k) plan and rolling that money into another account receives a disbursement from the 401(k) plan.