digester [di jes′tər, dī-]
- a person who makes a digest
- a heavy metal container in which substances are heated or cooked to soften them or extract soluble elements from them
- One that makes a digest.
- Chemistry A vessel in which substances are softened or decomposed, usually for further processing.
- One who, or that which, digests.
- (dated) A medicine or food that aids digestion, or strengthens digestive power.
- A strong closed vessel in which bones or other substances may be subjected, usually in water or other liquid, to a temperature above that of boiling, in order to soften them.
How would you define digester? Add your definition here.
comments powered by