- The definition of a dictatorship is an office or government under absolute control of one person.
An example of a dictatorship is the rule of Uganda by Idi Amin from 1971 to 1979.
- the position or office of a dictator
- the time during which a dictator rules
- a state ruled by a dictator
- absolute power or authority
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The office or tenure of a dictator.
- A state or government under dictatorial rule.
- Absolute or despotic control or power.
dictatorship - Cultural Definition
Government by a single person or by a junta or other group that is not responsible to the people or their elected representatives.
- Adolf Hitler and Joseph Stalin were dictators.