Origin of deciledec(a)- + -ile
Decile is defined as one of ten equal groups which are divided a large group of values or statistics.
The richest 10 percent of the population is an example of a decile.
Statistics any of the values which divide a frequency distribution into ten groups of equal frequency; also, any of these groups
- Any of the groups that result when a frequency distribution is divided into ten groups of equal size.
- Any of the values that separate each of these groups.
Origin of deciledec(i)- -ile 2
- (statistics) Any of the values in a series that divides the distribution of individuals in that series into ten groups of equal frequency.
- Although few people scored high marks, everyone did quite well—the lowest decile was over 50%.
- Any one of the ten subsets or groups so divided.
- Our school is in the top decile for exam results.
- (astrology) An aspect or position of two planets when they are distant from each other a tenth part of the zodiac.