- like a crystal
- having the nature of a crystalloid
Origin of crystalloidcrystall(o)- + -oid
- a substance, usually crystallizable, which, when in solution, readily passes through vegetable and animal membranes
- a small crystalloid grain of protein found in some cells, seeds, etc.
- Chemistry A substance that can be crystallized.
- Botany Any of various minute crystallike particles consisting of protein and found in certain plant cells, especially oily seeds.
(comparative more crystalloid, superlative most crystalloid)
- Crystal-like; transparent like crystal.
crystal + -oid