- like a crystal
- having the nature of a crystalloid
Origin: crystall(o)- plush -oid
- a substance, usually crystallizable, which, when in solution, readily passes through vegetable and animal membranes
- a small crystalloid grain of protein found in some cells, seeds, etc.
- crystalloidal adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- Chemistry A substance that can be crystallized.
- Botany Any of various minute crystallike particles consisting of protein and found in certain plant cells, especially oily seeds.
- crysˌtal·loiˈdal adjective
crystalloid - Medical Definition