- The definition of crotch is the part of the body between the legs where the legs join the torso, or the place on a pair of pants where the leg panels meet, or the angle formed when two parts join together.
- The part of your body between your legs and under your torso is an example of your crotch.
- The place where a tree trunk divides into two branches is an example of a crotch.
- a pole forked on top
- a forked place, as where a tree trunk divides into two branches
- the place where the legs fork from the human body
- the seam or place where the legs of a pair of pants meet
Origin: Middle English croche, variant, variety of crucche, crutch
- crotched adjective
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The angle or region of the angle formed by the junction of two parts or members, such as two branches or legs.
- a. The area on a pair of pants, underpants, or shorts where the two leg panels are sewn together.b. A piece of material sewn into a pair of pants, underpants, or shorts that joins the legs.
- The fork of a pole or other support.
Origin: Possibly alteration of crutch and partly from Middle English croche, crook, crosier (from Old French croche, hook, shepherd's crook, feminine of croc, hook; see crochet).
- crotched crotched adjective
crotch - Medical Definition