- The part of your body between your legs and under your torso is an example of your crotch.
- The place where a tree trunk divides into two branches is an example of a crotch.
The definition of crotch is the part of the body between the legs where the legs join the torso, or the place on a pair of pants where the leg panels meet, or the angle formed when two parts join together.
- a pole forked on top
- a forked place, as where a tree trunk divides into two branches
- the place where the legs fork from the human body
- the seam or place where the legs of a pair of pants meet
Origin of crotchMiddle English croche, variant, variety of crucche, crutch
- The angle or region of the angle formed by the junction of two parts or members, such as two legs or branches.
- a. The area on a pair of pants, underpants, or shorts that is between the legs.b. The piece of material used to construct this area of an item of clothing.
- The fork of a pole or other support.
Origin of crotchPossibly alteration of crutch and partly from Middle English croche crook, crosier ( from Old French croche hook, shepherd's crook ) ( feminine of croc hook ; see crochet . )
- The area where something forks or branches, a ramification takes place.
- There is a child sitting in a crotch of that tree.
- The (ventral) area of a person’s body where the legs fork from the trunk
- Every mile they rode their crotches felt worse saddlepain.
- (slang, euphemistic) Either the male or female genitalia.
- He cringed at being kicked in the crotch.
From Old French croche (“shepherd's crook”)