A coyote with her pup.
- An example of a coyote is the Looney Tunes character Wile E. from the Roadrunner cartoons.
- An example of a coyote is someone who drives across the Mexico/US border hiding illegal immigrants under cargo in their van.
The definition of a coyote is a wild animal that belongs to the dog family, or slang for a person who sneaks illegal aliens into the United States from Mexico.
pl. coyo′tes or coyo′te
- a wild animal (Canis latrans) of the dog family, native to the North American plains: it resembles a small wolf
- Slang a smuggler of illegal aliens from Mexico into the U.S.
Origin of coyoteAmerican Spanish ; from Nahuatl koyo:?
- A wolflike carnivorous mammal (Canis latrans) of North and Central America, having grayish-brown or yellowish fur, large erect ears, and a drooping bushy tail. Also called prairie wolf.
- A firefighter who is sent to battle remote, usually very severe forest fires, often for days at a time.
- Slang A person who smuggles illegal immigrants into the United States, especially across the Mexican border.
Origin of coyoteAmerican Spanish, from Nahuatl cóyotl.
(third-person singular simple present coyotes, present participle coyoteing or coyoting, simple past and past participle coyoted)