The definition of cost effective is something that is a good value, where the benefits and usage are worth at least what is paid for them.
An example of cost effective is using VOIP to talk on the phone long distance.
Economical in terms of the goods or services received for the money spent.
- It can allow you to learn at your own pace, get a degree or certificate when it works for you, and is a cost-effective option that will help people pass high school and college level courses despite any time, cost, or travel restrictions.
- Commercial grade carpet tiles are a cost-effective way of adding the look and feel of carpet to virtually any room, but while they can be applied anywhere, they are made and targeted more for an office environment than for the home.
- Dr. Mark Dybul, of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) and the study author, noted that this approach together with high patient adherence could be a powerful and cost-effective tool in HIV treatment.
- On the upside, do-it-yourself kits are typically more affordable than office treatments, although in the long run they may prove less cost-effective as the product is purchased routinely and the results are not as quick to appear.
- Most government agencies and scientific and professional organizations agree that water fluoridation is safe and effective in preventing tooth decay and cost-effective in that it reduces the need for expensive dental treatment.