Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- ☆ a person who reads copy aloud to a proofreader
- a device for holding copy, as for a typesetter
- Eng. Law a person who holds land by copyhold
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- An assistant who reads manuscript aloud to a proofreader.
- A device that holds copy in place, especially for a typesetter.