copyholder definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- ☆ a person who reads copy aloud to a proofreader
- a device for holding copy, as for a typesetter
- Eng. Law a person who holds land by copyhold
copyholder definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- An assistant who reads manuscript aloud to a proofreader.
- A device that holds copy in place, especially for a typesetter.