- the condition of being colored
- the way a thing is colored
- the technique of using colors, as in painting
- Arrangement of colors.
- The sum of the beliefs or principles of a person, group, or institution.
- The act or art of coloring.
- The quality of being colored.
- (music) A notational devise for indicating hemiola through either use of red ink (in mensural black notation) or black noteheads (in mensural white notation); or
- (music) Ornamental division (also called passaggi, glosas, diminutions. etc.) employing rapid "black notes".
- The coloration is mostly beautiful, black and red.
- EYRA (Felis eyra), a South American wild cat, of weasel-like build, and uniform coloration, varying in different individuals from reddish-yellow to chestnut.
- With ferric chloride it gives a violet coloration, and with bromine water a white precipitate of tribromphenol.
- The success of procryptic coloration depends, however, very largely upon stillness, and the instinct to keep stationary without moving a limb is a marked characteristic of all spiders unless engaged in hunting or fleeing from imminent danger.
- A blue coloration indicates nitrogen, and is due to the formation of potassium (or sodium) cyanide during the fusion, and subsequent interaction with the iron salts.