- the condition of being colored
- the way a thing is colored
- the technique of using colors, as in painting
- Arrangement of colors.
- The sum of the beliefs or principles of a person, group, or institution.
- The act or art of coloring.
- The quality of being colored.
- (music) A notational devise for indicating hemiola through either use of red ink (in mensural black notation) or black noteheads (in mensural white notation); or
- (music) Ornamental division (also called passaggi, glosas, diminutions. etc.) employing rapid "black notes".