- An example of a closer is the person who shuts down a restaurant at the end of the business day.
- An example of a closer is the sales person who goes through the final paperwork to be signed when buying a new car.
- someone or something that closes
- a person adept at completing a business deal, an assignment, etc. successfully
- Baseball a relief pitcher who specializes in pitching the final innings of a close game
- One that closes: The closer of the shop has to lock up.
- Baseball A relief pitcher called upon to protect a lead late in a game.
From close (adjective) + -er
- Someone or something that closes.
- In our organization, the VP of Sales usually acts as the closer.
- Someone or something that concludes.
- The DJ chose a fantastic track as his closer at the end of the night.
- The last stone in a horizontal course, if smaller than the others; a piece of brick finishing a course.
- (baseball) A relief pitcher that specializes in getting the last three outs of the game. See closer (baseball)
- They brought their closer in for the ninth.
From close (verb) + -er