- extremely chic; very smart, elegant, or sophisticated
- affected, showy, effete, etc.
Origin of chichiFrench
Origin of chichiFrench.
- affectedly trendy; chic and stylish
- "Going in gangs to those chichi clubs at Maidenhead." --E. Taylor, Game of Hide-&-Seek
- "Whether the chichi gender theorists like it or not, sexual duality is a law of nature among all highly evolved life forms." --Camille Paglia
- "The sort of real delicious Italian country cooking that is a revelation after so much chichi Italian food dished up in London."--Daily Telegraph, January 22, 1969
- "[Judith] Hope -- who lives in East Hampton, where the Clintons have a lot of chichi friends -- has been getting ink by the barrelful with her regular interviews quoting conversations with the first lady, on subjects ranging from Senate ambitions to summer and post-White House living arrangements." --Washington Post, June 4, 1999
From French chichi