A beige ceramic teapot.
ceramic definition by Webster's New World
- of or relating to pottery, earthenware, tile, porcelain, etc.
- of ceramics
Origin: Classical Greek keramikos ; from keramos, potter's clay, pottery
- the art or work of making objects of baked clay, as pottery, earthenware, etc.
- an object made of such materials: often used in pl.
ceramic definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Any of various hard, brittle, heat-resistant and corrosion-resistant materials made by shaping and then firing a nonmetallic mineral, such as clay, at a high temperature.
- a. An object, such as earthenware, porcelain, or tile, made of ceramic.b. ceramics (used with a sing. verb) The art or technique of making objects of ceramic, especially from fired clay.
Origin: From Greek keramikos, of pottery, from keramos, potter's clay; see ker-3 in Indo-European roots.
- ce·ramˈic adjective
ceramic - Science Definition