- an informal talk or discussion
- a short piece of writing in a conversational style
Origin of causerieFrench ; from causer, to chat ; from Vulgar Latin causare, complain ; from Classical Latin causari, plead, dispute ; from causa: see cause
- An informal discussion or chat, especially of an intellectual nature.
- A short conversational piece of writing or criticism.
Origin of causerieFrench, from causer, to talk, from Latin causar&imacron;, to plead, discuss, from causa, case, cause.
- An informal conversation, or casual short written article, especially on a serious topic.
From French causerie.