- an informal talk or discussion
- a short piece of writing in a conversational style
Origin of causerieFrench from causer, to chat from Vulgar Latin causare, complain from Classical Latin causari, plead, dispute from causa: see cause
- An informal discussion or chat, especially of an intellectual nature.
- A short conversational piece of writing or criticism.
Origin of causerieFrench from causer to talk from Latin causārī to plead, discuss from causa case, cause
- An informal conversation, or casual short written article, especially on a serious topic.
From French causerie.