- of a cause or causes
- being or involving a cause
- relating to cause and effect
- expressing a cause or reason
Origin of causalMiddle English causel ; from Late Latin causalis
a word expressing a cause, as since, therefore, for
- Of, involving, or constituting a cause: a causal relationship between scarcity of goods and higher prices.
- Indicative of or expressing a cause.
A word or grammatical element, such as since or because, expressing a cause or reason.
(comparative more causal, superlative most causal)