- The definition of carrion is relating to or eating dead or dying flesh.
An example of carrion used as an adjective is a carrion fish area, an area of rotting fish.
- Carrion is defined as dead or dying flesh.
An example of a carrion is a decaying fish.
- the decaying flesh of a dead body, esp. when regarded as food for scavenging animals
- anything very disgusting or repulsive
Origin of carrionMiddle English carioun from Anglo-French carogne from Vulgar Latin an unverified form caronia, carcass from Classical Latin caro: see harvest
- of or like carrion
- feeding on carrion
- Of or similar to dead and decaying flesh.
- Feeding on such flesh.
Origin of carrionMiddle English careine from Anglo-Norman from Vulgar Latin carōnia from Latin carō flesh ; see sker-1 in Indo-European roots.
- carrion beetle
- carrion crow