A kettle sitting on the lite burner of a gas stove.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- the part of a stove, furnace, etc. from which the flame or heat comes
- an apparatus for burning fuel or trash; furnace, incinerator, etc.
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One that burns, especially:a. A device, as in a furnace, stove, or gas lamp, that is lighted to produce a flame.b. A device on a stovetop, such as a gas jet or electric element, that produces heat.
- a. A unit, such as a furnace, in which something is burned: an oil burner.b. An incinerator.
- Slang a. An elaborate mural painted by a graffiti artist, usually on the wall of an abandoned building.b. A large, multicolored graffito.
burner - Computer Definition
Computer Desktop Encyclopedia
THIS DEFINITION IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY
All other reproduction is strictly prohibited without permission from the publisher.
© 1981-2014 The Computer Language Company Inc. All rights reserved.
burner - Phrases/Idioms
on the back burner
on the front burner