A kettle sitting on the lite burner of a gas stove.
- the part of a stove, furnace, etc. from which the flame or heat comes
- an apparatus for burning fuel or trash; furnace, incinerator, etc.
- One that burns, especially:a. A device, as in a furnace, stove, or gas lamp, that is lighted to produce a flame.b. A device on a stovetop, such as a gas jet or electric element, that produces heat.
- a. A unit, such as a furnace, in which something is burned: an oil burner.b. An incinerator.c. See combustor.
- A sharp pain caused by compression of a nerve, often resulting from a sports injury. Also called stinger.
- Someone or something which burns.
- An element on a kitchen stove that generates localized heat for cooking.
- (chemistry) A device that generates localized heat for experiments; a bunsen burner.
- A device that burns fuel; e.g. a diesel engine; a hot-air balloon's propulsion system.
- A device for burning refuse; an incinerator
- (computing) A device that allows data or music to be stored on a CDR or CD-ROM.
- (slang) A mobile phone used for only a short time and then thrown away so that the owner cannot be traced.
- (slang) An elaborate piece of graffiti.