The Broadway street sign against the city lights.Licensed from iStockPhoto
- street running north and south through New York City, known as the center of the city's main theater and entertainment section
- the New York commercial theater or entertainment industry
Origin: translated, translation of Dutch Breed Wegh
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- A thoroughfare of New York, the longest street in the world. It begins at the southern tip of Manhattan and extends about 241 km (150 mi) north to Albany.
- The principal theater and amusement district of New York City, on the West Side of midtown Manhattan centered on Broadway.
Broadway - Cultural Definition
A street in Manhattan, in New York City, that passes through Times Square.
- Broadway is known for its theaters. (See also under “Fine Arts.”)
- It is sometimes called the “Great White Way” because of its bright lights.