- having no bottom
- seeming to have no bottom; very deep, endless, etc.
Origin of bottomlessmodeled on topless, sense nude or characterized by nudity or nude entertainment: a bottomless dancer, bottomless bar
the bottomless pit
the underworld; hell
- Having no bottom.
- Too deep to be measured: a bottomless glacial lake.
- Difficult or impossible to understand; unfathomable: one of the bottomless mysteries of life.
- Having no limitations or bounds; limitless: a bottomless supply of money.
- a. Nude, especially unclothed below the waist: bottomless dancers.b. Featuring such dancers as entertainment: bottomless bars.
bottom + -less