intransitive verbbotanized, botanizing
- to gather plants for botanical study
- to study plants, esp. in their natural environment
to investigate the plant life of (a region)
verbbot·a·nized, bot·a·niz·ing, bot·a·niz·es
- To collect plants for scientific study.
- To investigate or study plants scientifically.
To investigate or explore the plant life of (a region).
(third-person singular simple present botanizes, present participle botanizing, simple past and past participle botanized)
- To do the work of a botanist; as to inventory the plant life in an area.
- 1770: Dr Solander and Myself were botanizing — Joseph Banks, The Endeavour Journal of Sir Joseph Banks, entry for 1770 January 22.