- an animal that sucks blood, esp. a leech
- a person who extorts or otherwise takes as much as possible from another
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio.
- bloodsucking adjective, noun
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- An animal, such as a leech, that sucks blood.
- An extortionist or a blackmailer.
- A person who is intrusively or overly dependent upon another; a parasite.
- bloodˈsuckˌing adjective