bloodsucker definition by Webster's New World
- an animal that sucks blood, esp. a leech
- a person who extorts or otherwise takes as much as possible from another
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- bloodsucking adjective, noun
bloodsucker definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- An animal, such as a leech, that sucks blood.
- An extortionist or a blackmailer.
- A person who is intrusively or overly dependent upon another; a parasite.
- bloodˈsuckˌing adjective