- The definition of a blood test is a scientific examination of your blood.
When a doctor wants to find out whether you have a medical condition and has your blood taken with a needle and examined in a lab, this is an example of a blood test.
A nurse draws blood for a blood test.
blood test definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- an examination of a small amount of a person's blood for diagnosis, classification, blood count, etc.
- a test to detect the presence of blood that is not visible, as in feces
blood test definition by American Heritage Dictionary
nounThe American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th edition Copyright © 2010 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. Published by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company. All rights reserved.
- An analysis of a sample of blood, especially for diagnostic or therapeutic purposes.
- The process of obtaining blood for such a test: went to the clinic for a blood test.
blood test - Medical Definition
- An examination of a sample of blood to determine its chemical, physical, or serologic characteristics.
- A serologic test for certain diseases, such as syphilis or AIDS.