This little boy just blew out his candles.
- An example of blew is what a little boy did to the candles on his birthday cake to make them go out.
- An example of blew is what a hurricane did to the trees that were found uprooted in the yard.
The definition of blew is the past tense of to blow, meaning you pushed something using air from your mouth or something like wind pushed something forcefully.
- She grabbed a tissue from the box on the counter and blew her nose.
- She wiped her eyes and blew her nose.
- She blew out a breath.
- Everything almost blew up a few months ago.
- The snow started shortly after they left and the wind blew it horizontal.