A man riding a bicycle.
- The definition of a bicycle is a two-wheeled vehicle with one wheel in front of the other which is propelled using foot pedals.
A two-wheeled vehicle that you pedal is an example of a bicycle.
- Bicycle is defined as to ride a two-wheeled vehicle that you propel forward by pedaling with your feet.
When you ride a two-wheeled vehicle (also called a bicycle), this is an example of a time when you bicycle.
Origin of bicycleFr: see bi- and cycle
intransitive verb-·cled, -·cling
- to carry on or as on a bicycle
- to travel over on a bicycle
- A vehicle consisting of a light frame mounted on two typically wire-spoked wheels one behind the other and usually having a seat, handlebars for steering, brakes, and two pedals by which it is driven.
- An exercise bicycle.
intransitive verbbi·cy·cled, bi·cy·cling, bi·cy·cles
Origin of bicycleProbably bi- 1 -cycle (on the model of tricycle three-wheeled coach )
- bi′cy·cler bi′cy·clist
(third-person singular simple present bicycles, present participle bicycling, simple past and past participle bicycled)