The definition of bicentennial is something that happens every 200 years, the 200-year anniversary of something happening, or something that lasts for 200 years.
An example of a bicentennial is 1976, the 200 year anniversary of when the United States was founded; the bicentennial anniversary.
- happening once in a period of 200 years
- lasting 200 years
- of a 200th anniversary
a 200th anniversary or its commemoration
- Happening once every 200 years.
- Lasting for 200 years.
- Relating to a 200th anniversary.
A 200th anniversary or its celebration. Also called bicentenary .
- Relating to the 200th anniversary of an event or happening.
- Occurring every two hundred (200) years
- The 200th anniversary of an event or happening.
- The US bicentennial in 1976 was celebrated greatly because the economy happened to be good.