- happening once in a period of 200 years
- lasting 200 years
- of a 200th anniversary
The definition of bicentennial is something that happens every 200 years, the 200-year anniversary of something happening, or something that lasts for 200 years.
An example of a bicentennial is 1976, the 200 year anniversary of when the United States was founded; the bicentennial anniversary.
a 200th anniversary or its commemoration
- Happening once every 200 years.
- Lasting for 200 years.
- Relating to a 200th anniversary.
A 200th anniversary or its celebration. Also called bicentenary .
- Relating to the 200th anniversary of an event or happening.
- Occurring every two hundred (200) years
- The 200th anniversary of an event or happening.
- The US bicentennial in 1976 was celebrated greatly because the economy happened to be good.
- Batman must race against time to thwart the Joker's efforts to maim and murder the citizens of Gotham City and ensure that the city's bicentennial celebration will be successful.
- There have been several recent attempts to bring Asimov's robots to the big screen, notably in Robin Williams' Bicentennial Man, and Will Smith's I, Robot, but thus far, the definitive Asimovian robot movie remains elusive.
- Not only was the name changed Americana Amusement Park (to reflect the Bicentennial spirit of the United States), but for the first time, it had some real competition.
- Robots in sci-fi are often used as symbols of other things; most typically as a minority ethnic group, as in Isaac Asimov's famous short story, the Bicentennial Man.