- a member of a Muslim people of N Africa
- the Afroasiatic language of this people
Origin of BerberAr, earlier Barbar ; from Classical Latin Barbari ; from Classical Greek barbaroi, literally , foreigners, barbarians: see barbarous
of the Berbers or their language or culture
- A member of a North African, primarily Muslim people living in settled or nomadic tribes from Morocco to Egypt.
- Any of the Afro-Asiatic languages of the Berbers.
Origin of BerberArabic Barbar.
- Of the Berber people, their culture, or their language.