- a member of any of a group of Berber peoples in Algeria and Tunisia
- the variety of Berber spoken by these peoples
Origin of KabyleFrench from Arabic qab?'il, plural of qab?la, tribe
nounpl. Kabyle, or Ka·byles
- A member of a Berber people of northeast Algeria.
- The Berber language of this people.
Origin of KabyleArabic qabā'ilu pl. of qabīla tribe from qabila to receive qbl
- A member of a Berber ethnic group inhabiting Algeria and Tunisia, speaking the Kabyle language.
(comparative more Kabyle, superlative most Kabyle)
- Pertaining to these people or their language.
From Algerian Arabic قبايل, plural of قبيلة (“tribe”).