- a member of any of a group of Berber peoples in Algeria and Tunisia
- the variety of Berber spoken by these peoples
Origin of KabyleFrench ; from Arabic qab?'il, plural of qab?la, tribe
nounpl. Kabyle or Ka·byles
- A member of a Berber people of northeast Algeria.
- The Berber language of this people.
Origin of KabyleArabic qaba’ilu, pl. of qab&imacron;la, tribe, from qabila, to receive; see qbl in Semitic roots.
- A member of a Berber ethnic group inhabiting Algeria and Tunisia, speaking the Kabyle language.
(comparative more Kabyle, superlative most Kabyle)
- Pertaining to these people or their language.
From Algerian Arabic قبايل, plural of قبيلة (“tribe”).