- The definition of a banker is any person who works in the banking industry.
An example of a banker is a finance professional who deals with personal stock transactions.
A couple discuss their finances with a banker.
- a person who owns or manages a bank
- the person in charge of the bank in some gambling games
Origin of banker; from bank, by analogy with French banquier
Origin of banker; from bank
Origin of bankerbank, in obsolete sense “bench” + -er
- One serving as an officer or owner of a bank.
- Games The player in charge of the bank in some gambling games.
Origin of bankerFrom bank3, bench (obsolete).
- One who conducts the business of banking; one who, individually, or as a member of a company, keeps an establishment for the deposit or loan of money, or for traffic in money, bills of exchange, etc.
- The dealer, or one who keeps the bank in a gambling house.
- The stone bench on which a mason cuts or squares his work.
From bank + -er, after French banquier
From bank (An elevation, or rising ground, under the sea) + -er
From bank (“an incline or hill”) + -er.