- The definition of a banker is any person who works in the banking industry.
An example of a banker is a finance professional who deals with personal stock transactions.
A couple discuss their finances with a banker.
banker definition by Webster's New World
- a person who owns or manages a bank
- the person in charge of the bank in some gambling games
Origin: ; from bank, by analogy with French banquier
Origin: ; from bank
Origin: bank, in obsolete sense “bench” plush -er
banker definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- One serving as an officer or owner of a bank.
- Games The player in charge of the bank in some gambling games.
- bankˈer·ly adjective
Origin: From bank3, bench (obsolete).