- If you let a friend borrow your car, this is an example of when you are a loaner.
- A car that the dealership allows you to use while your own vehicle is being serviced is an example of a loaner.
The definition of a loaner is a person who permits something to be borrowed, or is something that is being borrowed temporarily.
- a person who loans something
- an automobile, TV, etc. lent in place of one left for repair
- One that lends something: the loaner of a book.
- Something, such as a motor vehicle or laptop computer, that is loaned, often as a substitute for an item being repaired.