- The definition of asses is the plural of the word ass, which is another name for the donkey, or a mammal, a relative of the horse, and often used for work on farms.
An example of some well-known asses are Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh and Donkey from Shrek.
- Asses is defined as the plural of the word ass, which is a slang term for a person who is acting in a way that is silly or dumb.
An example of behavior of those who would be considered asses is playing pranks on others.
asses definition by American Heritage Dictionary
noun Vulgar Slang
Variant of as
- to the same amount or degree; equally: I'm just as happy at home
- for instance; thus: a card game, as bridge
- when set off or related in a specified way: romanticism as contrasted with classicism
Origin: weakened form of also; Middle English as, ase ; from Old English eallswa (see also); literally , wholly so, just as
- in the same amount in which or to the same degree to which: it flew straight as an arrow
- in the same manner that; according to the way that: do as you are told
- at the same time that; while: she laughed as she spoke
- because; since: as you object, we won't go
- that the consequence is: the question is so obvious as to need no reply
- though: tall as he was, he couldn't reach it
- Informal that: I don't know as I should
- a fact that: we are tired, as anyone can see
- that: preceded by such or the same: the same color as yours is
- in the role, function, capacity, or sense of: he poses as a friend
- like: the risk is as nothing compared to the gain