- The definition of asses is the plural of the word ass, which is another name for the donkey, or a mammal, a relative of the horse, and often used for work on farms.
An example of some well-known asses are Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh and Donkey from Shrek.
- Asses is defined as the plural of the word ass, which is a slang term for a person who is acting in a way that is silly or dumb.
An example of behavior of those who would be considered asses is playing pranks on others.
noun Vulgar Slang
Variant of as
- to the same amount or degree; equally: I'm just as happy at home
- for instance; thus: a card game, as bridge
- when set off or related in a specified way: romanticism as contrasted with classicism
Origin: weakened form of also; Middle English as, ase ; from Old English eallswa (see also); literally , wholly so, just as
- in the same amount in which or to the same degree to which: it flew straight as an arrow
- in the same manner that; according to the way that: do as you are told
- at the same time that; while: she laughed as she spoke
- because; since: as you object, we won't go
- that the consequence is: the question is so obvious as to need no reply
- though: tall as he was, he couldn't reach it
- Informal that: I don't know as I should
- a fact that: we are tired, as anyone can see
- that: preceded by such or the same: the same color as yours is
- in the role, function, capacity, or sense of: he poses as a friend
- like: the risk is as nothing compared to the gain
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.