- an ancient Roman silver coin, the penny of the New Testament
- an ancient Roman gold coin, worth 25 silver denarii
Origin of denariusMiddle English ; from L, origin, originally , adjective , containing ten ; from deni, by tens ; from decem, ten
- An ancient Roman silver coin.
- An ancient Roman gold coin valued at 25 silver denarii.
Origin of denariusMiddle English, from Latin dēnārius; see denary.
(plural denarii or denariuses)
- The usual plural is denarii, but denariuses is also well attested.